Friday, October 19

Grandma, What Nice Jacket You Have



  
Grandma's house has always been a time machine to escape into a nostalgic universe. While I was not intended to leave her house with anything more than what I brought in, I always leave with something; whether its good food, great advice, or a new member to add to my wardrobe. While wandering through her closet the boho-like patterns of a garment caught my eye. I told myself this could be a heavy shawl or an over-sized old lady shirt, but it turned out to be a fabulous jacket. It's so cozy, I don't want to take it off!  This look is perfect for class or a meeting with your volunteer group. It reminds me of a 1960's schoolgirl. Substituting a modern piece makes it look more like an outfit and less like a costume. I substituted the cliche khaki skirt with acid wash denim. It makes the look funky plus my nail polish looks great against it.











No comments:

Post a Comment